Edinburgh Children's Hospital Charity believe that nothing should get in the way of being a child. We exist to transform the experiences of children and young people in hospital so they can be a child first a patient second.
Our vital work would not be possible without our supporters, which is why we value your trust and place you at the heart of everything we do. We understand the importance of balancing your needs with those of children and young people and with this in mind, we make these promises to you:
We promise to put you first
- We place you at the heart of everything we do and we will ensure that all our actions reflect our core values:
of children, young people and
to achieving our outcomes
to all those who want to work
towards everyone we deal with
in our approach to transforming
because having fun is important,
no matter what your age
We promise to respect your rights and privacy
- We will look after any information we hold about you in accordance with the law and we will never share your information with other organisations to use for their own purposes. Your information is carefully guarded and any information we hold on you is available to you if you make a request to us in writing to the address below.
We promise to communicate with you in a way that suits you
- We are here to listen, to talk to you about our work or answer any questions or concerns you have. If you tell us you would prefer less contact or don’t want us to hear from us at all, we will respect your wishes. If you prefer not to receive a form of communication, please let us know your preference by telephoning us on 0131 668 4949, emailing email@example.com or writing to us at the address below.
We promise to keep you updated about the vital work that you help to fund
- If you made a donation in the last 48 months, we will send you our twice-yearly magazine ‘Friends’ and/or a monthly ‘Friends’ E-Newsletter. Both include stories, news and updates on the charity, so you can find out how your support is helping us to transform the experiences of children and young people in hospital. We will also send letters, the occasional email and phone call, all of which you have the option to ‘opt out’ of. Our website and social media are excellent ways to keep up to date with our work and we encourage you to visit these.
We promise to support you in your fundraising efforts in every way we can
- Our fundraising team are on hand to support you at every stage of your fundraising journey and they will ensure you adhere to best practice, maximise your fundraising potential, provide encouragement, recognition and fundraising materials.
We promise to thank you appropriately and promptly
- Upon receipt of your gift to us, you will receive an acknowledgement in the form of a letter, card, email or phone call within a reasonable period, unless you advise us that an acknowledgement is not required. We fully respect your wishes either way but we would like to take this opportunity to note how grateful we are for every gift we receive.
We promise to monitor our activity and the activities of anyone acting on our behalf
- We are committed to ensuring that we are completely open and transparent about our fundraising and spending. We will comply with the law as applies to charities and fundraising and adhere to best practice as outlined in the Fundraising Code of Practice. All our fundraisers are members of the Institute of Fundraising and we are also registered with the Office of the Charity Regulator (OSCR). We will ensure that anyone acting on our behalf adheres to our promise and standards and take appropriate action promptly if we find any failure to do so.
We promise to listen to you and learn from your feedback
- We are committed to excellent supporter care and we will try our best to get it right, but if you feel we have fallen short of our promise or think we could do better, please let us know. Our fundraising team will be pleased to speak with you about any comments, compliments, concerns, suggestions or dissatisfaction you have about our fundraising activities or approach; or someone fundraising on our behalf. Please be advised, if your feedback relates to how we manage your personal data, our Information Officer will be involved in investigating this.
You can provide feedback in different ways:
- call 0131 668 4949
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or write to us at:
Edinburgh Children's Hospital Charity
First floor, 1 Wester Shawfair
EH22 1 FD